Thursday, May 7, 2015

Embryo Report - Day 1

I am still recovering from the effects of the surgery.  My stomach is still very bloated and I'm still a bit sore.  Overall I am feeling how I should be feeling at this point in time.  I have Tylenol and Tylenol with codeine and that is managing my pain.  I also have a heating pad to help with the sore stomach.

ICSI
Over the next 6 days I will be getting daily updates from the lab about how my embryos are doing.  We started off with 18 oocytes and we used ICSI on all of them.  Today's embryos check is looking to see how many eggs were successfully fertilized.  At this point the embryos are at the 1-cell stage.  Here is today's results:

18 follicles were retrieved
17 contained a mature egg
14 have fertilized and are embryos now

Thanks for reading,
HEATHER

No comments:

Post a Comment