Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Cycle Day 14

Today's symptoms: headache is gone finally, huge gross bloated stomach is even bigger, tired due to lack of sleep, emotional and weight gain has lowered to +7lbs.

Today is the day before the ER and I feel like it is the calm before the anxiety storm.  At this point I have done so much but starting tomorrow it will be all out of my hands.  I will be glued by the phone waiting for daily updates.  It will last 6 - 7 until we get our final numbers.

Yesterday my E was 2900.  This means by the time of my ER I will again be 4000+.  That makes the day of and day after critical to how quickly I recover from all this.  Here is my prep for the ER.

Today

  • Remove nail polish.
  • Take a shower tonight.  Wash hair and dry natural, no products (not the best look for me).
  • Wash whole body and face with antibacterial soap, no lotions or products afterwards.
  • Eats lots and lots of watermelon from 10pm - 11pm.
  • Take a stool softener.
  • No eating or drinking after midnight.

Tomorrow:

  • Take a shower and wash with antibacterial soap.
  • Check in for ER at 8:30am.
  • Take my antibiotic.
  • Procedure starts at 9:30am.
  • Eat salty food.
  • Drink coconut water.
  • If I need it I have tylenol with codeine.  I didn't take anything last time because I knew I was going to be doing back to back cycles and I didn't want anything to delay the process.  This time I have a month or two before the transfer so it is ok to take something if needed.
Kite ceiling tile from the exam room
At our last check we still had 16 follicles.  The picture to the right is the ceiling tile in the exam room.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that they can retrieve all 16 and that each has an egg.  It is not uncommon for the doctor to not get all the follicles, but usually you get 90% or more of your count going in.  It is also not uncommon to not have an egg in each follicle.  I'll post updates as soon as I can,  Thanks for all the love and support during our stims.  

Thanks for reading,
HEATHER

No comments:

Post a Comment