Thursday, April 30, 2015

Cycle Day 9

Today's symptoms: headache again, very bloated stomach (started wearing my IVF pants), very very tired, emotional and weight gain has moved to +5lbs.

During my very first IVF cycle, my doctor warned that most people get a very bloated stomach and he recommended having a pair of pants that are one size bigger than normal on hand.  I didn't think I needed that and ignored his advice.  By Day 14 of stims I was miserable and regretted not having bigger pants.  I ended up wearing pjs to that ER.  Since then I have purchased a pair of jeans, a pair of pajamas and a pair of yoga pants all one size bigger and it makes it so much easier.  Not only is your stomach bigger and bloated, but it is full of bruises and it is rock hard.  The thought of wearing tight pants is horrifying.  Today I officially switched to my IVF pants and as I type this I am wearing my big yoga pants.
another bloodwork/us appt.

Last night we started Ganerelix.  This is officially the start of the end of the cycle so we were so excited to get the good news.  At yesterday's check up they are still counting 16 follicles plus a few too small to count. The most we have ever had is 15 at the day of retrieval. They are 9 - 14mm each.  I have found out through switching clinics that not all clinics measure the same way.  SDFC measures the longest side of the follicle.  RPMG takes an average of two measurements.  Therefore my 14mm follicle at SDFC is much larger than what it would measure at RPMG.  Just because we have 16+ follicles doesn't mean that we will get 16+ eggs, not every follicle has an egg.  My bloodwork came back and my E was 642 which is a little low for me.  They are guessing I will stim 14 days which would take us to Tuesday and ER on Thursday.  We are going back tomorrow to get a more accurate calendar of the next few days.

Today I sat home and waited for my next set of meds to be delivered.  After my first cycle, I've never ordered all the meds at once.  That cycle was almost cancelled halfway through.  Now I order enough meds to make it to the second monitoring appointment.  Once I get the OK that the cycle is doing well and that I'm progressing, I order the rest of the meds.  I use MDR pharmacy and they ship overnight for free as long as you spend $500 and we all know that is nowhere near a problem.  Now I have enough meds to make it to Day 12.  If I go over I order one day at a time.  The last thing I want is leftover meds.

This was my ceiling view from the exam room yesterday.  Each room has a different picture.











Thanks for reading,
HEATHER

No comments:

Post a Comment