Wednesday, April 22, 2015

My History

For my first post I thought I would take you on a journey, my infertility journey, what we have been through and what brings me here.

I met my husband in 2005 and we were married in 2010 in beautiful Carlsbad, CA. I was so naive, I thought the only issues we were going to have would be how many children we wanted.  I always dreamed of a big family and wanted 4.  Ryan only wanted 2.  Fast forward to present day and I would give my left arm for even 1 at this point.

Our infertility journey started in October 2011, we pulled the goalie and thought like everyone else, we would be pregnant in a month.  In December I had my annual check up with my OBGYN and she told me that due to my age (at the time I was 35) if I wasn't pregnant in 6 months after using an ovulation predictor kit, that I should consult a reproductive endocrinologist.  I was so anxious that I made the appointment in January 2012.  I was living in Los Angeles at the time and was referred to a couple of different clinics but ended up at Reproductive Partners in Beverly Hills.  We both had full work ups done and were diagnosed, wait for it....., nothing was wrong so we were unexplained infertility.  This was the first frustration in what feels like about a billion more in our journey.

We proceeded with back to back to back IUIs with absolutely no success. Was then told that we should move onto IVF.  That was a hard pill to swallow, but sure lets do that.  In the doctor's opinion, there would be no way that we wouldn't be pregnant.  He was actually surprised that the IUIs didn't work.  So then we did back to back to back IVFs with no success.  Three really difficult and horrible experiences and nothing to show for it except a lot less money in the bank account.

I was devastated after that last failed IVF and went into a serious depression.  Around the same time, Ryan was transferred from LA to San Diego so we moved back home.  I decided not to work and to focus on my infertility.  I researched every doctor from LA to SD and in between.  We finally decided with Dr. Kettle at San Diego Fertility.  After 10 months of sadness and being just pissed at the situation, I worked up enough courage to start my next cycle.  We decided on a banking cycle, freeze all with PGS.  We did our first cycle and ended up with 2 day 5 blasts.  I am about to start my second cycle with them.  Fingers crossed that this is lucky number 5.

Thanks for reading my story and welcome to my blog!

HEATHER


No comments:

Post a Comment