Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cycle Day 7

Today's symptoms: headache in the am, nauseous until acupuncture, stomach slightly bloated and very very tired.  

Great news, the new protocol worked!  I didn't get sick once last night.  We did two vials of Bravelle this morning and will do the rest tonight.  So hopefully we reached the halfway mark, but one never knows how long they will stim for. You have to keep setting goals and celebrating the small accomplishments.  It's the only way to survive this whole thing.

Today was a great day for one reason, ACUPUNCTURE.  Acupuncture is the most amazing thing and I was counting down the minutes until I walked in for my appointment.  It took my headache away and drastically reduced my nausea almost instantly.  Acupuncture is such a personal thing that you really need to find someone you like and trust.  I loved the place I went to in Los Angeles and was lucky to find an equally amazing woman here in San Diego (details for both are below in case you live in either area).

I have been going to acupuncture for a long time now.  I used to go for pain in my leg and then switched over to fertility focused practices.  I often laugh at the comic situations I find myself in.  I faint immediately at the sight of blood and needles, no joke, so many times I have lost track.  Now I go to acupuncture and get needles stuck in me on a weekly basis, I get blood taken every other day and Ryan gives me shots morning and night.  The irony of it all!  Anyways, because of my aversion to needles, I was very apprehensive over treatments.  First off, there is absolutely no pain from these needles, you hardly even feel them.  Secondly, I always tell them that I can't see anything and they put an eye mask on and I drift away to relaxation city.  When they come back in, they remove all the needles and then the eye mask.  I have yet to see one needle.  Oh and I get about 10 - 20 needles all over each treatment.  It is nothing like what Charlotte got on Sex & the City and none are in my face.




Fingers crossed my shots go well tonight and the worst is behind me :) 

Los Angeles acupuncture -  Denise Wiesner, L.Ac., FABORM
San Diego acupuncture - Jeneanne Paden, L.Ac

Thanks for reading,
HEATHER


No comments:

Post a Comment