Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Cycle Day 1

So today is officially the start of my next IVF cycle.   Leading up to today I did 5 weeks of BCPs.  This cycle I chose to do DHEA instead of testosterone gel during priming.  I have a lot of apprehension and not a lot of hope.  Having the last 4 failed, its hard to get excited.  In all likelihood this will be our last cycle so there is a lot riding on this one.  So here goes.....

When I woke up I found a very sweet card from my husband.  It was so nice of him to think of me and realize how nervous I am about the whole thing.









For those not in the know,  before you can start the stims, you must first visit the doctor and get the OK.  You have to do ultrasound and blood work.  The ultrasound is to check for cysts and leading follicles.  The blood work is to check that you don't have elevated estrogen.  So off to the doctors we went.


Next stop was acupuncture.  During cycling, I go to acupuncture once a week.  I get so much out of it.  It feels great, it relaxes me and I really love my acupuncturist.





Results came back and I am good to go.  My AFC was 15.  This was great news.  last cycle my AFC was only 7.  This cycle our protocol is 375 Bravelle with 75 Menopur and HGH.  At this point we are super pros at this.  The drill is, he prepares the shots and I ice my belly.  Once the shots are ready, we put the heated neck pillow in the microwave for 5 min.  We go upstairs, do the injections, comeback down to an aroma pillow that relaxes my tensed neck.  Here are the first 7 days of meds not including what is refrigerated.

Today was an easy day with no side effects yet :)

Thanks for reading,
HEATHER


No comments:

Post a Comment