Friday, September 18, 2015

FET Progress Update

Today was my first monitoring appointment for this FET cycle.  I always try and make the first appointment of the day so hopefully I will spend less time in the waiting room.  So at 7:30am off I went to the doctors office.

At an FET monitoring appointment you do an ultrasound and get blood work.  The ultrasound is to check your lining and to make sure your ovaries are silent.

I have been off the birth control pills for a little bit now.  Now I'm just taking Lupron and wearing Vivelle patches.

My side effects haven't been too bad, just the usual Lupron issues of weight gain, headache and breast tenderness.  The Lupron shots themselves don't hurt, the needle is very tiny.  Next week I start the Lovenox but for not I am handling everything pretty well.

The results of the ultrasound were really good.  My lining is already at 8 and it is triple lined.  This means that it is actually ready right now for implantation.  However, the doctor likes to do the transfer closer to when I would have naturally ovulated.  The good news is that they moved my transfer up a couple days so it's a few less days of stress and anxiety.

Everything is based on working backwards from the FET date so I spent the day on the phone rescheduling all my appointments leading up to the transfer.  Next week is going to be a busy week but full of good things.  I have a couple more blood draws, an acupuncture appointment, another ultrasound monitoring appt, chiropractor, infusion, teeth cleaning, hair appointment and lots and lots of yoga.

When we came home the other day there was a dandelion growing outside our kitchen window.  I have lived in this house for a year and a half and there has never been one until now.  A dandelion is a very common symbol of infertility for several reasons.  It is a symbol of hope and the root is a common herb used because it is high in Vitamin A & C and thought to help with hormone balance.  When we saw this in our window waiting for us we took it as a very positive sign.

Thanks for reading,
HEATHER

No comments:

Post a Comment