Saturday, September 26, 2015

3 Days To Go

So yesterday I had my peace of mind appointment at the fertility clinic.  I had an ultrasound done to take a look at my uterine lining and make sure that everything was still ok.  I hadn't had a check in four days so I was really nervous.  I also hadn't spotted in four days so that was a good thing.  The results of the ultrasound were really good and really reassuring.  My lining measure 9.5 which meant it was still getting thicker even with the introduction of progesterone.  Progesterone collapses your lining from triple lined to a compacted single lined structure so usually it measure the same or smaller than the time before.  The previous time I had measure a little over 8. There was still no activity going on in my ovaries (that's what we want to happen).  The only thing she could see on the ultrasound was some fluid in my cervix and she suspects that's where the spotting was coming from and predicted that I will see some more.  When i asked if I should be worried about it, her comment to me was "If I was sitting here getting these results about my cycle I would be thrilled and wouldn't hesitate for a second to move one with my transfer".  So with that, I decided to go forward with our transfer on Monday.

I decided to treat myself to a massage.  The amount of stress and worry and anxiety that I am literally carrying on my shoulders deserved to relax a bit.  So I had an amazing massage that helped to relieve the tension.  It was a great distraction.

Next I went and got my hair done.  My last fertility clinic, didn't allow you to use hair color in the 2WW and hopefully after the BFP for the next 12 weeks.  So I got it done on the last day possible.  That was also nice and relaxing.

Then when my husband came home from work, he brought me a beautiful purple orchid.


With all the relaxation of the day, I still find myself laying awake at night contemplating all the What Ifs that are about to happen.  As hard as I try, I just can't quiet the chatter inside.

Thanks for reading,
HEATHER



No comments:

Post a Comment