Monday, February 25, 2019

Acupuncture

Acupuncture has been a big part of my life for a long time.  I'm so happy to be back at it.  I started using acupuncture to help with leg pain after a car accident several years ago.  Then once I started dealing with infertility, it was always an important component to my treatment.  I had my first treatment for this upcoming cycle yesterday.  Part of the magic of acupuncture is it is truly relaxing and I love it.  The other part is that it helps balance hormones, increases blood flow and helps strengthen the lining of the uterus to prepare for our embryo transfer.
The last several years and several previous cycles I was with a different practitioner.  This cycle I decided to switch for several reasons, to a different facility.  Luckily having volunteered for so long in this space, I know most of the people that work in this field in San Diego.  It was an easy decision to start going somewhere else, and while I had never been a patient before, I knew I would be well taken care of.
While the acupuncturist knew me personally and knew of my story, he still needed to be caught up on the details of my treatment plan.  So the session started out with a quick overview of my history, my current supplements, my current medications and travel plans.  Then the actual acupuncture started.
I laid down on a heated bed.  Needles were then
placed in my ear, my stomach and my ankles.  A heat lamp was then placed on my stomach.  All of this to promote blood flow.  Then calming relaxing music filled the room, lights were turned off and I relaxed for the next 15 min or so.  It was delightful.  I can't wait for my next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment