Sunday, April 10, 2016

Budapest

We safely made it to Budapest. We had no issues with security and the duffle bag full of medications and syringes which was good.  We asked our doctor for a travel letter to be on the safe side, but we were fine.

On the plane I traveled with a radiation blocking blanket on my lap. I had heard from my acupuncturist that there is a small chance of that the tiny amount of radiation on a plane collapsing you lining so I wore it just in case. Plus I already owned it. I wear it on my lap at home when I use my laptop.

The only issue we have had in Budapest has been the food. Ryan has found some really great meals but I have been struggling. The first evening we went to a traditional Hungarian restaurant recommended to us by the hotel. I told them I need a vegetarian and gluten free option. They called ahead and the restaurant said they did have something for me but when we got there they didn't. For dinner I had a side salad and my entree was grilled mushrooms in like a cup of olive oil. Tonight we had researched and found the only 100% gluten free restaurant. I was excited to order a veggie burger buy it was really just lettuce and tomatoes between two gf buns. Oh well, more Kind bars for me.

I'm still only on supplements and oral estrodiol, no injections yet so I'm happy.

Thanks for reading,
HEATHER

3 comments:

  1. Where where did you get the blanket? And which injections? I don't have any injections just estridol. I'm packing and freaking out now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Endolynn-
    The blanket is from a company called belly armor. It's super cozy. I would recommend it.
    My injections are blood thinners based on some tests my naturopathy doctor perscribed. I also brought along PIO because I tend to have low progestone. The clinic is going to see how I do on the oral meds combined with the suppositories and if it is still low I will switch to PIO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Endolynn-
    The blanket is from a company called belly armor. It's super cozy. I would recommend it.
    My injections are blood thinners based on some tests my naturopathy doctor perscribed. I also brought along PIO because I tend to have low progestone. The clinic is going to see how I do on the oral meds combined with the suppositories and if it is still low I will switch to PIO.

    ReplyDelete