Friday, February 19, 2016

Hysteroscopy and D&C

Last Thursday I had a hysteroscopy (camera test) and dilation and curettage (D&C).  The reason why we decided to do this was by process of elimination. Since we have practically tested everything else and because we had PGS tested normal embryos that didn't implant, maybe I am having a lining issue or a uterus issue.  It is very rare for us to have the history that we have had with 3 IUIs and 5 IVFs and zero implantation having known that we at least transferred 2 normals.  So we decided to do a d&c to clean everything out and create fresh new lining for the upcoming transfer.

My Mom was my caregiver and took me to the appointment. This was full on surgery with anesthesia. I was nervous because I never handle anesthesia that well. We checked in no problem. They told me they would bring me back get me set up and then they would let her back to join me.
It took them three tries to get the IV started. As soon as needles are pulled out, I shut me eyes and look the other way.  The first time something went wrong and I felt the warmth of the blood all over my arm and neck.  Something had come loose and blood went everywhere.  It was just about the time when I heard the nurse yelling to another nurse to come help that I started to go down.  Shortly after I fainted.

After 3 attempts, the IV was finally started but because I fainted, they couldn't start the anesthesia right away.  So my doctor came in and talked to me and they brought my mom back to hang out for a bit.  After a few rounds of normal vitals, off I went to surgery.

I woke up in recovery and my doctor informed me that he wasn't expecting to see what he did.  On the camera he found in his words 'tons' of polyps.  He said it looked like a mushroom field in there.  There was a lot but they were all very small.  He sent them off to the lab and they came back all normal, so nothing to be worried about.  He was able to clean everything and remove all the polyps.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up to high, but the more I read about polyps, the more it seems impossible to get pregnant if you have them.  polyps article  So now with a squeaky clean uterus, I'm not officially prepping for our FET in April.

Thanks for reading,
HEATHER

No comments:

Post a Comment