Monday, August 31, 2015

I Survived the Scratch

Today was my scratch appt.  The scratch is the most painful appointment amongst all these other crappy appointments.  The good news is that it doesn't last very long.  The whole procedure takes about 2 min.  The pain is so sharp that it instantly brought tears to my eyes.  I am now about an hour post scratch and all I have is some mild cramping so as I write this, I have a heating pad on.

Ryan was traveling for work and I'm too wimpy to go to that appt alone so my Mom went with me.  This is us waiting in the lobby before the procedure.  Clearly it is before the procedure because I am still smiling.




  Here is a link to an article that talks in a little more detail about the procedure endometrial scratching.  Some clinics call the procedure a traumatic scratch.  My clinic called it a disturbance scratch.  The first step is just a lot of sterilization, jar on the left is iodine.  Then the catheter, and then finally the scratch.


Because I have had this procedure done before, I knew what was coming.  I am glad I can count on my Mom and that she came along.  I am even more happy that the scratch is now behind me.

Thanks for reading,
HEATHER


1 comment: